Amy Herwig owns Party Belles, (www.partybelles.com) a special event/ wedding planning company in York. While actual memories are vague she believes she had the original 'coming out' party the day she was born. Ridiculously friendly. Big fan of etiquette. Adores animals. Motto: Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

More from this author »
RECENT PINS

Weekday Birthday Ideas

If a family member’s birthday falls on a weekday and you need to wait till the following weekend to celebrate it, obscure holidays are the perfect way to make their day special without blowing your birthday theme!

This month of course is the ever popular ‘Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day‘ (1/12, a hump day this year, but I digress). No, I don’t know what this holiday is or where it came from …apparently no one does but there it is, registering 112,000 results when you Google it.

There are some other fun ones, Opposite Day on the 24th (or Backwards Day, 1/31) a great day to serve them their favorite breakfast, for dinner!

If you look hard enough, darn near every day has some kind of holiday associated with it somewhere in the world, some are easily adaptable to celebrations such as National Kazoo Day (1/28) or National Puzzle Day on the 29th.

Alas, today is the Feast of Fabulous Wild Men Day and I have so much to prepare!
Yours in planning, A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , ,

Comments (6)

1. Party Belle 01/22/2011 at 10:03 am

Hi Patti!
    I love this site and am thrilled to contribute to it! Enjoy enjoy enjoy the sun and warmth! XOXO.A

2. Patti 01/21/2011 at 1:51 pm

Hey, Amy! Great site! We’re in Fla….where EVERYDAY IS SUNNY!!! Enjoy the snow, stay warm and fuzzy, and if you get tired of it, come down to see us! Patti

3. Amy Herwig 01/15/2011 at 8:19 pm

Oh Susan you warm my heart, thank you! I’ll stick to blogging for now as they say I have A.D….hey look, there’s a chicken! :D
    Next week’s post will be about buying gifts for adults with some fun ideas.
    Blessings, A

4. Susan Pirrello 01/15/2011 at 3:41 pm

Amy, I’m still waiting for you to write a book. I’m drawn to whatever it is you say or write. It’s always witty, intellectual and pertinent to my life. Thanks for the great party ideas as all three of our boys have b-days at the end of the month!!

5. Lisa 01/14/2011 at 5:28 pm

Oh, I totally like National Kazoo Day! Where does one pick up a few kazoos to prepare for an evening of crazy kazoo playing?

• Amy Herwig 01/14/2011 at 10:03 pm

Hi Lisa, kazoo’s rock! I found some at Wal Mart in their pinata stuffer section. Unless your looking for…um…good ones? Lol! Party On! Amy