I'm the editor of Smart, a magazine for women in southcentral Pennsylvania. I said "I do" to my wonderful husband in 2002. We have two adorable children who have taught me much about life and love. With the birth of my second child, I bid farewell to my dreams of having a clean house, folded laundry and family dinners on weeknights.

More from this author »
RECENT PINS

Win tickets to Disney On Ice Toy Story 3!

In Toy Story 3, Andy is headed off to college and contemplates the fate of his beloved toy collection.

Should he donate them? Discard them? Or decide not to part with them?

The story made me think of how I couldn’t part with my Pound Puppy when I went to college. I didn’t stop sleeping with her until I moved in with the man who is now my husband. I still have my puppy, but she’s sad and dusty in the attic now.

Share your “toy story” in 75 words or fewer,  and you’ll be entered to win a four-pack of tickets to Disney On Ice Toy Story 3 during its run from Nov. 3 through 7 at the Giant Center in Hershey. Your response could also appear in an upcoming issue of Smart magazine!

E-mail your story to keberle@ydr.com and include your name, daytime phone number and address. Photos are welcome, too! For  the complete rules, click here.

UPDATE: Congrats to our winners — Margie Lomenzo, Ashley Dively, Jennifer Mulle, Olivia Young, Teena Wise, Missy Fangmeyer, Marie Gush, Jayme Glover and Maddy Strine! Have a great time at the show!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments (7)

1. Tricia York 01/08/2011 at 8:16 pm

i like this show can i have 2 tickets

2. Bosleys 10/31/2010 at 1:41 pm

The fate of a good toy is something you think about as a child and as an adult for your kids. I held on to much of my toy collection and it was passed on to my kids and to see them play with the “original” lego collection that I played with as a child, gives me a smile..and I cant help but think the toys are too, just goes to see a priceless toy can be simple and timeless.

3. Maddy 10/28/2010 at 7:39 pm

When I was three years old I was given a perfect little baby doll, a Bitty Baby. I named her Bitty and everywhere I went she went. Today she remains with me and I sleep with her every night. She reminds me very much of big baby in toy story because of the coloring marks and dirt covering her body because of how much I have played with her and how alike they look.

4. Sharon Watson 10/25/2010 at 1:04 pm

I remember when I was a little girl loved playing with my collections of dolls. It wasn’t until this one particular doll named Baby Skates came into my life and became my favorite doll to play with. Baby Skates was a popular doll made by Mattel back in 1982. She was the cutest doll dressed in a stripe pink and yellow gym outfit along with skates and knee and elbow pads.

5. Sharon Watson 10/25/2010 at 1:04 pm

6. Tara 10/20/2010 at 3:14 pm

When I was younger I had a teddy bear that I just could not part with. My teddy bear went everywhere with me to the store and out to dinner.I remember one time I dropped it in the store and we had to go back and find it because he was my best friend and I could not be without it. My mom tryed to take it away from me one time and I wouldn’t allow it, she had to give me the bear back because I just wouldn’t stop crying for my bear. I still have my best friend now after all these years I still would not get rid of him, he is in my baby box. If you have a toy you love that much I don’t believe you should get rid of that toy because that is a precious memory from your childhood and if you save it you will always have that special memory to look back on.

7. Pingback: Tweets that mention Win tickets to Disney On Ice Toy Story 3! « SmartMamaPa.com -- Topsy.com